Roland has partnered with Serato to debut the first DJ controller from Roland, the DJ-808. The DJ-808 is a new mixing/performance/live-remixing paradigm and encourages DJs to incorporate additional drums, vocal processing and more into their performances. In addition, it claims to have the deepest Serato integration ever offered in a controller. Even better, Roland has provided an avenue to employ their Aira lineup of electronic music production gear seamlessly into the 4-channel DJ controller.
The integration of a drum machine with a DJ controller opens the door to an entirely new way of DJ expression, and the 808 allows migration between the DJ booth, live stage or the studio. Serato and Roland worked closely to ensure the platters have a truly vinyl-like scratch experience with low latency.
World-class software meets world-class hardware
With the DJ-808, Serato and Roland bring the best of software and hardware together into a single instrument that ushers in a new era of DJ’ing. It melds the supreme power of Serato DJ software with the genre-defining sound and precise engineering of Roland hardware. Decades of combined expertise give today’s producers and DJs state-of-the-art tools and innovative features that open up a new world of creative options, both on stage and in the studio.
Legendary TR drum sounds and sequencing
From the TR-909's
unmistakable hi-hats to the wall-shaking boom of the TR-808, Roland TR
drum machines have defined the sound of entire genres of dance music.
Customize your beats on the fly and in the moment using the DJ-808’s
built-in TR drum machine with its iconic sounds and 16-step sequencer
that stays in perfect sync with Serato DJ.
The integrated TR drum machine contains the Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Hi-Hats and Clap from the TR-808, TR-909, TR-707, and TR-606 drum machines—the rhythmic foundation of a lot of dance music. These sounds use Roland’s acclaimed and award-winning Analog Circuit Behavior, faithfully replicating the original electronic circuitry of these influential rhythm boxes. It means you get all the thump and sizzle of the classic instruments, with dedicated knobs to control tuning, attack, and decay—putting a new twist on these legendary sounds.
In addition to the internal TR drum sounds, the TR-S sequencer can also trigger the new 8-slot Serato Sampler within Serato DJ. You can mix and match individual drum sounds, layer kicks and snares, and build drum parts limited only by your creativity
- Integrated TR-S drum machine, offering Analog Circuit Behavior 606, 707, 808 and 909 drum sounds in a 16-step sequencer
- Newly improved 8-slot Serato DJ Sampler
- RGB colored performance pads, featuring Hot Cues, Loop Roll, Slicer,
Sampler as well as TR Pad Mode for the drum machine and Pitch Play
- Roland VT Voice Transformer, offering a number of powerful effects
including pitch shifting and vocal key matching to playing tracks via
the Auto Pitch feature. (VERY cool concept! —Ed.)
- Two AIRA link USB ports offering connection with Roland synths and instruments
- Serato DJ Enabled – no extra license required. Also includes a license for Pitch ‘n’ Time DJ.
- DVS Expansion Pack Ready to connect turntables or CDJs.
- 24bit/96kHz audio fidelity
- Dual-deck mode to control two Serato DJ decks simultaneously
- Large range 100mm pitch faders for accurate level control in the mix
- 1/8″ and 1/4″ headphones jacks, combo XLR input jacks, built-in phono pre-amp, and audiophile sound quality.