The RHYTHM DESIGNER RD-8 provides all the tools you need to become a master beat-maker, including: 16 drum sounds; a 64-step sequencer; Wave Designer and dual-mode filter – for a full-fledged drum machine that'll shake the house! Whether you're new to drum programming or a seasoned pro looking to upgrade your setup, the RD-8 has everything you need to step up to the big time.
Great care has been taken in designing the RD-8 to achieve new possibilities in beat creation by reviving a timeless analog design from one of the most-classic drum machines of yesteryear. By taking a fresh and modern approach on a classic drum machine, the RD-8 gives you the power to harness the phenomenal sound of the 808 and tap into some new features as well. Colossal bass drums through to sizzling hi-hats can be manipulated to elevate your rhythm performance to the next level. This is an analog beat-making monster!
Powerful & Feature-Rich Sequencer
The RD-8 features one of the most powerful step sequencers ever created, which provides much-improved workflows over the original. The 64-step sequencer also includes storage for up to 256 patterns and 16 songs, allowing the creation of song arrangements ranging from ultra-simple to incredibly complex.
- Amazing drum machine with authentic analog sound engine to create the classic sound performance
- 16 original drum sounds with additional parameters and global Accent capability
- Modern and versatile workflow provides enhanced playability, enabling you to create captivating live performances
- Powerful 64-step drum sequencer supports poly-meter, step-repeat, note-repeat, real-time triggering, track-mute and track-solo
- Integrated FX bus features Wave Designer and dual-mode Analog Filter with per voice assignment
- Live recording, editing and playback of Analog Filter cutoff via automation
- Storage of up to 16 songs and 256 patterns, all of which can be imported/exported during playback for unlimited songs and patterns
- Pattern Mode allows arrangement of patterns into full songs and setting number of repeats per song part
- Song Mode allows chaining songs together for live sets and expanded compositions
- Unique Auto Scroll feature enables improvisation in all modes
- Comprehensive MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB implementation for synchronization and connection to external devices
- Sync options include USB, MIDI, Clock and Internal for maximum versatility
- 11 independent analog outputs for external processing or recording your rhythms as multi-track audio
- Powerful headphone and main outputs on 1/4" connectors
- High-visibility LED display makes it easy to verify program parameters
- Robust encoder for editing parameters such as Tempo, Swing, Probability, Flam and Random
- 16 vintage-style step buttons with bold LED indicators for easy pattern creation
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.