GX Series amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. QSC designers, headed by Pat Quilter, have optimized output and appearance while reducing raw material cost and weight. It's all here – dramatic styling, easy hookup and adjustments, excellent audio quality and QSC reliability.
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4-inch TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon combo accepts, 1/4-inch (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only).
- Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems.
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1 inches/257 mm)
- Fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks Lightweight – less than 26 lbs (12.5 kg)
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal and Clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in GX Entertainer
GX amplifiers deliver just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers. Most loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amplifier with power output equal to the speaker's "Program (Music) Power" rating or two times (2 x) the "Continuous (RMS) Power" rating.
The GX5 provides full performance for 500 watt (Program) speakers. Both models supply maximum possible power to 4 ohm and 8 ohm loads. Owners of popular 4 ohm loudspeakers (dual-woofer, two-way models and many subwoofers) will find the 700 watt (4 ohm) power of the GX5 an ideal match.
The GX5 uses a Class H system, based on key elements of the PLX Series, almost doubling power in the same size and weight. QSC design expertise allows the output devices to shift from low-power to high-power rails in less than a millionth of a second, ensuring that the output power is always right where it needs to be without excess loss.
GX amplifiers use premium toroidal power transformers for reliable "mid-weight" performance. A variable-speed fan moves air crosswise through the amplifier, drawing cool air in over the power transformer, through the fan, and then over the heat sink. This keeps the transformer cool and allows a full size heat sink to fit in a down-sized chassis. As always, the amplifiers are fully protected from the usual hazards of the trade, ensuring stable performance and long life.