Mackie MR8 MK2 Studio Monitor
- Availability: In Stock *
- Product Code: mr8mk2
- Product Viewed: 1464
- Retail Price: $259.99
- Sales Price:
* Stock status does not always apply for local pick up at our Portland, Oregon retail store. Please call 503-222-9166 for local stock availability. Online orders can be drop shipped if this item is not in stock at our retail store.
The Mackie MR8 MK2 is a 2-Way 8-Inch 200-Watt Reference Monitor. It is the perfect solution for those ready to step up to a truly professional, high-output monitoring system. The completely re-voiced MR8mk2 features all-new high-end drivers, delivering unmatched low frequency extension and clear, articulate highs. The MR8mk2’s precision Class A/B amplification (100W LF / 50W HF) offers class-leading power, tons of connection options and simple acoustic controls for room correction. Featuring an optimally sized custom waveguide and minimum-diffraction molded baffle, the MR8mk2 delivers superior stereo imaging and depth. With unbelievable power, performance and clarity the MR8mk2 stands alone in its class.
Provides the power, performance, and clarity you need to create world-class mixes.
As a professional studio monitoring solution, MRmk2s are extremely balanced, outputting a high-frequency clarity and midrange definition you can stake your reputation on. They out-power any competitively priced monitor and deliver deeper, more accurate bass than anything in their class. Perfect for professional and home studios, as well as home theaters and multimedia applications, MRmk2 monitors deliver a rich sonic experience and the power, performance and clarity you need to create world-class mixes.
Look. We know that you know that we know there are tons of affordable studio reference monitors out there, each claiming to “raise the bar” on the other. The MRmk2 value proposition is simple. As a professional studio monitoring solution, MRmk2s are extremely balanced, outputting high-frequency clarity and midrange definition you can stake your reputation on. Furthermore, they out-power any competitively-priced monitor solution and deliver deeper, more accurate bass than anything in their class. Perfect for professional and home studios, as well as home theaters and multimedia applications, MRmk2 monitors deliver a rich sonic experience and the power, performance and clarity you need to create world-class mixes.
ALL-NEW PROFESSIONAL TRANSDUCERS
MRmk2 Series studio monitors feature all-new professional transducers specifically designed to meet the demands of the modern project studio. The neodymium magnet-driven silk dome tweeter is both smooth and accurate, featuring ferro-fluid cooling to help protect against power compression during wide dynamic playback. Meanwhile, the hyperbolic curved cone woofer, inverted dust cap and long voice coil winding work in tandem to deliver smooth, consistent output with controlled low frequency performance. When paired with our precision-tuned amplifiers, MRmk2 monitors provide spot-on input-to-output tuning that you can take to the bank.
PRECISION POWER AMPLIFIERS
The dual precision Class A/B amplifiers have been re-voiced to specifically match their new driver components, ensuring that your sound is minimally impacted by distortion, artifacts or changes in frequency response often imparted by working at a variety of volume levels. MRmk2 Series monitors are a 2-way design that offers up to 150 watts of total system power. Delivering more power than anything in their class, MRmk2 studio monitors provide exceedingly smooth output, from ultra-low bass frequencies to precise midrange and sparkling highs.
CUSTOM WAVEGUIDE & BAFFLE
An optimally-sized custom waveguide is designed to maximize sonic clarity and dispersion, while also serving to minimize diffractions. This approach allows for seamless transition of HF and LF content along with a 3-dimensional sense of space. MRmk2 monitors also feature a molded baffle to impart superior imaging and depth. Your monitors need to be as accurate as they are great-sounding, and the MRmk2 design philosophy gives you exactly that.
TOP-NOTCH CABINET DESIGN
Much more than sleek-looking, MRmk2 cabinets also feature custom-tuned rear ports, allowing for the controlled passage of air in and out. Plus, the cabinet is constructed of solid MDF, so there’s no unwanted distortion from air movement or vibrations. Transducers are never restricted by pressure, and the cabinets resonate low for deep, balanced bass. We know studios can be expensive to set up, which is why everything even down to the cabinet design of MRmk2s is handled with the utmost attention to detail.
- High-resolution, powered studio reference monitor
- Ultra low-distortion 8″ woofer
- High-output 1″ silk dome tweeter
- Precision Class A/B amplification with Active protection circuits: 100W for LF / 50W for HF
- Optimally-sized custom waveguide provides seamless transition of HF and LF
- Minimum-diffraction molded baffle imparts superior stereo imaging and depth
- Adjustable HF and LF acoustic controls offer sonic tailoring to your mixing space
- Flexible inputs include XLR, TRS and RCA connections
- Magnetic shielding allows safe placement near computers and video monitors
- Precisely tuned to work interchangeably with other MRmk2 monitors
- Free Field Frequency Response: 40 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sound Pressure Level @ 1 meter, +4 dBu into Balanced Input: 107 dB SPL @ 1m
- Maximum SPL Per Pair: 119 dB SPL @ 1m
- Low frequency: 8 in / 204 mm hyperbolic curved cone woofer
- High Frequency: Neodymium magnet driven 1 in / 25 mm silk dome tweeter
- Low frequency power:
- 100 watts, 4ω load; 200 watts peak
- High Frequency power: 50 watts, 8ω load; 100 watts peak
- Type: Monolithic IC, Class AB with DMOS power stage
- Crossover Type: 24dB/octave
- Crossover Frequency: 3 kHz
- Sensitivity: +4 dBu at 300 Hz for full output
- Input Impedance: 20 Kω Balanced bridging; 10 kω unbalanced
- Low Frequency EQ: +2 dB/+4 dB @ 100 Hz, shelving
- High Frequency EQ: ±2 dB @ 5 kHz, shelving
AC Power requirements
- US: 120VAC, 60 Hz
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC 250 VAC, 16 A male
- Fuse: 115 VAC: T 1.6AL/250 V; 230 VAC: T 800 mAL/250 V
- Power Consumption: 75 watts with music, loud mix 10 watts quiescent (idle)
Physical Dimensions and Weight
- Enclosure: 0.630” (16mm) thick MDF with 0.750” (16mm) MDF front panel
- Damping: Adiabatic batting
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 15.7” x 10.8” x 13.0” (400 x 277 x 330 mm)
- Weight: 27.6 lb. (12.5 kg)