The CBT 70J-1, with Constant Beamwidth Technology™, represents a breakthrough in pattern control consistency, utilizing complex analog delay beam-forming and amplitude tapering to accomplish superior, consistent vertical coverage without the narrow vertical beaming and out-of-coverage lobing that are typical of straight form-factor column speakers. (shown with included grille removed)
- Asymmetrical vertical coverage sends more sound toward far area of room to make front-toback sound levels more consistent.
- Components: Sixteen 25 mm (1 in) soft dome tweeters and four 125 mm (5 in) high-power LF drivers, arranged coaxially.
- Patent-pending Constant Beamwidth Technology™ provides constant directivity up to the highest frequencies and reduces out-of-coverage lobing.
- Vertical pattern coverage switchable between 45° for medium-throw coverage and 25° for long-throw applications.
- Switchable voicing provides flat response in music mode or mid-range presence peak in speech mode.
- Dynamic SonicGuard™ overload protection of HF devices
- Swivel (pan) / tilt wall bracket included.
- Four 130 mm (5 in) LF drivers
- Sixteen 25 mm (1 in) HF drivers
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 60 Hz – 20 kHz
- Vertical (selectable via switch)
- Narrow Mode: 25° (2 kHz - 16 kHz) (±10°)
- Broad Mode: 45° (750 Hz - 16 kHz) (±10°)
- Horizontal 150° (500 Hz – 8 kHz, ±20°)
Sensitivity (2.83V@ 1m):
- Narrow: (speech mode) 98 dB (1 kHz - 8 kHz)
(music mode) 93 dB (300 Hz - 18 kHz)
- Broad: (speech mode) 96 dB (1 kHz - 8 kHz)
(music mode) 92 dB (300 Hz - 18 kHz)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
500 W (2000 W peak), 2 hrs
350 W (1400 W peak), 100 hrs
- Narrow: (speech mode) 125 dB cont ave (131 peak)
(music mode) 120 dB cont ave (126 peak)
- Broad: (speech mode) 123 dB cont ave (129 peak)
(music mode) 119 dB cont ave (125 peak)
- Low Frequency Drivers: 4 pcs, 130 mm (5 in) drivers, dual magnet neodymium, 38 mm (1.5 in) voice coil, damped blended textile surround, coated diaphragm for moisture, UV, and salt resistance, shielded.
- High Frequency Drivers: 16 pcs, 25 mm (1 in) drivers, dual magnet neodymium, encased magnet and coated diaphragm for moisture, UV and salt resistance, shielded.
- Enclosure: Fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet, painted aluminum grille
- Outdoor Capability: IP-54 rated, per IEC529. UV, moisture and salt-spray resistant.
- Colors: Black or white (-WH)
- Insert Points: 10 M6 swivel (pan)/tilt (16 mm deep) insert points on back panel.
- Mounting: Included swivel (pan)/tilt wall bracket provides continuously variable +/-80 degree left-right swivel aiming (at no up/down tilt -- see Bracket Guide for maximum swivel range at various up/down tilt angles), continuously variable +/-15 degree tilt, as well as 5 degree fixed increment points. Ten threaded mounting points located on back panel of cabinet conform to industry standard rectangular 127 x 70 mm (5.0 x 2.75 in) pattern for OmniMount® 60.0 and other compatible third-party brackets. Threaded mounting points can be utilized for suspension.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 27.4 x 6.7 x 9.3 in (694 x 170 x 237 mm)
- Net Weight: 21 lbs. (9.5 kg)
- Included Accessories: Swivel (pan) / tilt wall bracket
- MTC-PC2 terminal panel cover
- MTC-CBT-SMB1 Stand-Mount Bracket for use with 35 mm heavy duty speaker stand
- MTC-CBT-FM2 flush-mount low-profile wall-mount bracket