Click Image for Gallery
Akai's MPC Workstation Returns!
Akai Professional's MPC Studio music production system gives you the creative, hands-on workflow of Akai's MPC sampling groove workstations, plus the power and flexibility only your computer can deliver. Integrating with your Mac or PC, MPC Studio combines Akai's versatile MPC2 software environment with an ultra-portable MPC-style hardware controller. With Akai's MPC Studio music production system, you get the experience of using traditional MPC hardware, the advanced capabilities of a DAW, and the freedom to work the way you like.
Ultra-portable MPC hardware gives you amazing hands-on control anywhere
The MPC Studio controller fits easily in your laptop case, letting you take your beat-creation studio anywhere. Its compact body houses 16 backlit velocity-sensitive pads, a touch strip controller, plus a full set of MPC controls, with visual feedback provided by a backlit LCD screen. In fact, the MPC Studio controller was built to give you access to every aspect of Akai's legendary MPC workflow, so you can create entire songs without ever looking at your computer screen.
Flexible sequencing and sampling software with classic MPC workflow
Akai bundled the MPC Studio with MPC2 music production software to make it a comprehensive music production system. This software music production environment gives you a 128-track sequencer and phenomenal sample-manipulation options with support for WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX, SND, and many other audio file formats. What's more, it supports every MPC sample and sequence ever created by any other MPC. But the software included with the MPC Studio lets you do much more than you could with a traditional MPC. For instance, you can load up your favorite VST plug-ins and use them right along with your samples. You can even use MPC Studio as a virtual instrument in your favorite DAW.
Akai MPC Studio Music Production System Features:
- A hybrid hardware and software music creation system that's perfect for making beats and producing electronic music
- Combines the hands-on workflow of classic MPC hardware with the processing power of modern computers
- Software DAW-style environment provides you with a 128-track sequencer and versatile MPC sample processing
- Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX, SND, and many other audio file formats
- Full backwards compatibility includes support for samples and sequences created on any legacy MPC model
- Can be used in standalone mode or as a VST plug-in within your favorite DAW
- Can host VST and AU plug-ins in standalone mode with instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plug-ins
- Lets you easily record each track as an MPC drum program
- Comes with over 100 instruments and effects to cover a wide range of production styles
- Hardware features 16 backlit velocity-sensitive pads, a touch strip encoder, and a full set of MPC controls including a transport section
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and MPC transport controls provide genuine MPC workflow
- Compact design is less than 2-inches thin and fits easily into a laptop bag
- Fully Mac- and PC-compatible
- Performance Pad and Control Surface with software
- Color LCD
- 16 x Velocity-sensitive Pads
- Assignable 5.5" Touch Strip
- Over 100 Instruments and Effects
- 1 x Type B
- MPC2 DAW and Production Suite
- USB bus powered
- 1.8 lbs.
Akai MPC Studio Music Production Controller and MPC 2 Software