Eight Channels of Clarett Expansion
Need more channels from your Clarett interface? The Focusrite Clarett OctoPre is for you. The OctoPre expands your setup with eight additional Clarett mic preamps - each with switchable Air effect to achieve that acclaimed Focusrite ISA-type transformer sound. Focusrite's high-resolution 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA converters assure the highest quality digital conversion. OctoPre gives you eight line outputs to feed your analog rig, along with ADAT optical I/O to expand any ADAT-equipped interface. OctoPre's pristine preamps, high-quality conversion, and expansion capabilities make it the ideal way to grow your studio.
Focusrite Clarett OctoPre at a Glance:
- Pristine mic pres with Air effect
- Accurate digital conversion and sync
- Designed for flexibility
Pristine mic pres with Air effect
Engineered specifically for the Clarett range, the mic preamps in the Clarett OctoPre deliver all the gain you need with extremely low noise and distortion. They also include Focusrite's Air circuit that engages an analog model of the company's classic transformer-based ISA mic pre. You'll love the sound of these preamps: sweet, open, and very clean.
Accurate digital conversion and sync
Sweetwater engineers know that conversion is key to superior digital audio, and every Clarett features Focusrite's class-leading 24-bit/192kHz conversion. Offering up to 119dB of dynamic range, Clarett is the easy, clean way to get sound in and out of your DAW.
Designed for flexibility
The Clarett OctoPre's front-panel instrument inputs are engineered with generous headroom to easily handle high-output pickups, and the rear panel is fitted with universal XLR/jack combo connectors for your remaining auto-switching mic/line inputs. For added flexibility, each input has its own switched insertion point that allows single-cable connection of compressors, EQs, or other outboard analog processing gear. The inserts feature a hard-wired relay bypass, so you can have your outboard equipment or a patch bay connected and ready to rock at the push of a button.
- 8-channel mic/line expansion with ADAT I/O
- 8 Clarett mic pres with Air transformer emulation
- 8 line outputs fed from D/A or mic preamps
- 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA for high-resolution audio
- Dual-port ADAT I/O (8 channels at up to 96kHz, 4 channels at 176.4/192kHz)
- Switched inserts with true bypass on all channels
- Mic pres and front-panel instrument inputs engineered with generous headroom
- 6-segment LED metering and channel clip indicators
- 48-volt phantom power available across all inputs (switchable: 1-4, 5-8)
- Word clock I/O; JetPLL jitter elimination
- Includes Focusrite Red 2 & 3 plug-in suite and Softube Time & Tone bundle