When connected to a CBT 70J-1 line array column speaker, the CBT 70JE-1 Extension provides extended bass response, extended pattern control, and increased sound output levels. The combined array system provides Constant Beamwidth Technology™, which represents a breakthrough in pattern control consistency, utilizing complex analog beamforming and amplitude tapering to accomplish superior, consistent vertical coverage without the narrow vertical beaming and out-of-coverage lobing that are typical of passive column speakers.
- Components: Four 125 mm (5 in) high-power LF drivers (70JE-1)
- 500 Watt power handling (70JE-1)
- Built-in purpose-designed crossover network, for combining
- with CBT 70J-1 (70JE-1)
- Coupler plate included (70JE-1)
- Extended pattern control (to 400 Hz for ± 20° control, to 200 Hz for substantial off-axis cancellation)
- Extended bass response to 45 Hz.
- Components: Sixteen 25 mm (1 in) soft dome tweeters and eight 125 mm (5 in) high-power LF drivers.
- Patent-pending Constant Beamwidth Technology™ provides constant directivity up to the highest frequencies and reduces out-of-coverage lobing.
- Vertical pattern coverage switchable between 45° for medium-throw coverage and 25° for long-throw applications.
- Switchable voicing provides flat response in music mode or mid-range presence peak in speech mode.
- Coupler plate and wall swivel (pan)/tilt bracket included (rear insert-point pattern fits standard third-party brackets)