DEQ 60 Graphic Equalizer
- Perfect-Q: What You See Is What You Get (no filter interaction)
- Proportional-Q: Classic smooth response
- Independent Accelerated-Slope 3-band full-cut tone controls
- Low-Cut and High-Cut filters
- Input and Output Level controls, each with 8-segment metering
Each channel may use A or B channel controls:
- Stereo Linking
- Two analog memories
- A-curve / B-curve comparison
- 25 mm sliders; includes security cover
- Two Boost / Cut ranges: 6 dB or 12 dB
- XLR, TRS and Euroblock connectors
- Bypass switch (DSP), Bypass relay (power failure)
When the term "graphic equalizer" was first coined, the intent was to provide a device that allowed the user to "draw" the desired frequency response using slider controls on the unit's front panel. Thus, the Holy Grail of graphic equalizers is a device with a response that truly matches the slider settings. For years, this seemingly unobtainable goal resulted in products based on the fine art of compromise until now until the DEQ 60.
It's not Constant not Proportional. It's Perfect! Digital Signal Processing (DSP) allows filter technology not possible with analog designs. Rane coined the term Perfect-Q to describe the results (U.S. patent 7,266,205). The DEQ 60 is the world's first true graphic equalizer (i.e., one providing real mechanical front panel slide controls) whose output response precisely matches its front panel settings. Perfect-Q features virtually no band interaction and extremely low ripple between adjacent bands. To keep things flexible, fear not proportional-Q lovers, each channel of the DEQ 60 is selectable between Perfect-Q or Proportional-Q response.
The DEQ 60 has two versions, only with these differences:
- DEQ 60: 25 mm sliders; includes security cover.
- DEQ 60L: 45 mm sliders; switchable cut-only mode.