QSC SC-28 Digital Signal Processor
- Availability: In Stock *
- Product Code: sc28
- Product Viewed: 1809
- Retail Price: $1480.99
- Sales Price:
* Stock status does not always apply for local pick up at our Portland, Oregon retail store. Please call 503-222-9166 for local stock availability. Online orders can be drop shipped if this item is not in stock at our retail store.
The SC28 is a 2 input, 8 output digital system controller containing pre-programmed tunings for QSC loudspeaker systems (see list of supported loudspeakers at right). In addition to the preset tunings, the SC28 also offers user-adjustable equalization and delay.
Audio inputs and outputs are via balanced, line-level, analog XLR connectors. Four outputs for each of the two inputs are provided for use with 2 or 3-way systems plus subwoofers. Simple to operate yet uncompromised in audio quality, the SC28 uses 48 kHz, 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion with 32-bit, floating point DSP for wide dynamic range and low distortion. Advanced DSP is capable of implementing tunings that incorporate IIR (Infinite Impulse Response) as well as FIR (Finite Impulse Response) filters.
QSC system engineers have employed the power of the SC28's FIR (finite impulse response) filters to implement "Intrinsic Correction™" of the loudspeaker. The goal of Intrinsic Correction™ is to provide a drive signal to the amplifiers and loudspeakers that will result in the most accurate acoustical magnitude, frequency and phase domain performance possible. When properly implemented, Intrinsic Correction™can compensate for many causal phenomena such as the effects of waveguide acoustical impedance and loudspeaker cone resonance. The result is a loudspeaker system with excellent power response and extremely natural, uncolored sound across its frequency band and coverage area. An array of loudspeakers with Intrinsic Correction™ tunings will also be very responsive to the use of equalization to compensate for array configuration, acoustical conditions or user preferences.
Selection of tunings is accomplished by simply scrolling through a list of QSC loudspeakers and selecting the configuration on the LCD panel. A similar process is used to select the QSC amplifiers being used and to configure amplifier input sensitivity for proper dynamic protection gain structure. Settings for new QSC products may be loaded into the SC28 via a rear-mounted USB port.
Once the processor settings have been matched to the system, the user or installer can take advantage of an integral, 6 band parametric equalizer, high and low shelving filters and signal delay to optimize for acoustic, environmental or aesthetic considerations. Password protection is included to prevent unauthorized tampering. The SC28 is easy to use and delivers superb audio performance at a very affordable price.
- Two (2) XLR line-level inputs
- Eight (8) XLR line-level outputs
- Front panel meters for all inputs and outputs
- Universal AC power input
- Rear-panel USB port for quick and easy loading of new loudspeaker tunings
Front Panel Control:
- Quickly set up your loudspeaker system to perform and sound as designed by QSC engineers
QSC Loudspeaker Selection:
- Select the QSC loudspeaker and configuration (2-way, 3-way, etc.) and the SC28 instantly reconfigures itself for optimal audio reproduction
QSC Amplifier Selection:
- Select the QSC amplifier being used to calibrate the processor to the amplifier for proper balance and loudspeaker protection
User-Adjustable Input EQ:
- Six (6) parametric filters with adjustable frequency, gain and bandwidth
- High and low shelf filters with adjustablefrequency, gain and slope
- Sub delay adjustable from 0 to 50 ms
- Array delay adjustable from 0 to 20 ms
- Select stereo or mono-summed subwoofer
- Adjustable subwoofer gain
- System is optimized for operation with or without subwoofer
- Optimized thermal and excursion protection for each transducer
- User-bypassable for output clip-limiting only
- Select linked or independent control of stereo channel settings