PreSonus Audiobox USB
- Availability: In Stock *
- Product Code: 673454000836
- Product Viewed: 2429
- Retail Price: $129.99
- Sales Price:
* Stock status does not always apply for local pick up at our Portland, Oregon retail store. Please call 503-222-9166 for local stock availability. Online orders can be drop shipped if this item is not in stock at our retail store.
If you are a mobile musician or podcaster on a tight budget who relies mostly on software except for a couple of mics or instruments, and your computer is equipped with USB but not FireWire, we have just the recording interface for you: the AudioBox USB.
This simple, handy little box connects to a computer via USB 1.1, so it works with virtually any PC or Mac, not just newer models. And it has just the right features for your basic recording needs—neither more nor less.
The AudioBox USB may be small and simple, but it boasts PreSonus quality inside and out. It offers excellent audio performance, thanks to two dual-purpose front-panel mic/instrument inputs with sweet-sounding Class A mic preamplifiers and professional-quality, 24-bit converters that sample at up to 48 kHz.
The Finishing Touches
We could have stopped right there, but it’s not our way to stop when we can give you even more for your money. So we included an internal analog mixer with zero-latency monitoring, enabling you to monitor recorded tracks and overdubs with no annoying delay time.
Then we added the finishing touch by bundling a free copy of our amazing Studio One™ Artist DAW software for Mac and Windows.
So if you’re looking for a 2-in, 2-out USB recording interface with exceptional sound quality, look no further than the AudioBox USB. Because sometimes a simple, well-made, well-designed solution is exactly what you need.
- 2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with high-quality mic preamplifiers
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output level control
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- 1 USB 1.1 port
- 2 combo XLR/ 1/4 inch mic/instrument inputs
- 2 balanced 1/4 inch main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo 1/4 inch headphone output
- MIDI in/out
- 24-bit resolution and 44.1 and 48 kHz sampling rate
- Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+102 dBu dynamic range)
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal mixer
- Mac®- and Windows®-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and Windows 7
- Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1/3U rack-mountable (with optional 3UMR rack-mounting system)
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Weighs just 5 lbs/2.3 kg
- Powered via USB bus—no wall wart!
- Studio One Artist 2
- PreSonus’ revolutionary new digital audio workstation, with unlimited track count and 4+ GB of 3rd-party resources.