The standard for near-field monitoring!
When the original HR-series speakers were released back in the 90's, Mackie set a new standard for studio-quality reference monitors. Their high power-rating, ruler-flat frequency response, and precise sound reproduction gave engineers and producers a whole new level of mixing accuracy. In this decade, the HR824MKII surpasses its predecessor with even better sound quality and a sleek new design.
Truly active amplification
Some studio monitors are passive, requiring external amplification, and some are internally powered, but HR824MKII monitors are actively powered. While all active monitors are internally powered, not all powered monitors are active. Truly active monitors contain individual power amplifiers for each driver in the enclosure, where other powered monitors use a single amp for all drivers.
Specially matched power
Since it takes much less power to drive a high-frequency tweeter at high volume than a low-frequency woofer, single-amplifier monitors tend to sound unbalanced. When the tweeter is producing comfortable highs, the woofer is probably underpowered. Crank up the volume to get more bass, and you're pushing the highs too hard. There may be applications where you can get away with this, but accurate mixing isn't one of them. As one of the few speaker manufacturers that also build their own amps, Mackie is in a unique position to tightly match the power with the driver. HR824MKII's contain two FR-series amps, specifically rated to push each speaker to its optimum performance level. You'll have plenty of headroom across the entire frequency spectrum for a detailed mix at any volume.
- High resolution Active studio reference monitor
- Ultra-linear frequency response for accurate mix translation
- 8.75-inch high-precision, low-distortion LF transducer
- 1-inch titanium dome, ferrofluid cooled tweeter
- Optimized Waveguide for wide, even sweet zone
- Twin FR Series amps 150W for LF / 100W for HF
- Cast aluminum Zero Edge Baffle minimizes diffraction
- Full internal damping eliminates midrange artifacts
- Passive radiator provides tight, articulate bass extension down to 35Hz
- Acoustic Space, LF roll-off, and HF controls
- Balanced XLR, TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs
- OmniMount ready for easy wall/ceiling placement
- THX pm3 certified for surround sound applications
- Perfect for High-Definition audio, cinema and gaming systems